Monday, November 3, 2008

Movie Review: Dan In Real Life

Yes, I realize this came out eons ago, but it was good enough to bother posting on well after the fact.

Steve Carell has many talents - and now apparently romantic comedy is one of them as well. One of the better family movies I've seen in a long time - eminently relatable, and very enjoyable. Nice to see him do something different from the usual slapstick humour that he seems to constantly fall for.

One of the more recommendable PG-13 movies out there, and it's a real question as to why it even garnered that rating.

1 comment:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Re: Rating
Well, there is a scene where people end up in a shower together...

I quite agree, it's a superb movie. My sister is the one that first mentioned it to me and I've seen it several times now. Carell is great, the family dynamics are hilarious and they ring true, and I was surprised at how much I liked Dane Cook's performance as well.