Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wow, He Blogs Again

It's been a really long time, but I figured with a new season it might be time to kick up the dust again and try to get back into this stuff.

Staying away from sports and the law, momentarily anyways:

1) Another hurricane hits the New Orleans area. No disrespect to the people there, but who exactly thought that was a good spot for a city? And more importantly, when do people decide enough is enough and they just don't want to be constantly rebuilding their city?

It would seem to me that constantly rebuilding in a place that is certain to be hit again with the exact same natural disaster seems somewhat ridiculous.

2) Apparently we'll be going to the polls on October 14th. Regardless of "who forced the election", it seems quite surprising to me that the Conservative minority has lasted as long as it has. Regardless of what the polls currently say, I can't see anything less than another Conservative minority, as Dion just hasn't been able to make any real mud stick to Harper (at least, mud that the masses care about). And (equally as important), Dion hasn't been able to take over the agenda. The fact that the country has not collapsed in the last 2 years with Harper at the helm suggests to me that Canadians (not known for rocking the boat too much) will likely send him back with another minority, or, if he's lucky, a majority.

3) Every time I've eaten meat in the last couple weeks I keep thinking "Is this safe?" Amazing what a scare like that can do.

4) John McCain is really old to be running for President.

That's it for today. Baby steps.

3 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Well now, look who has returned! Welcome back...

Lawyer Kid said...

We'll see if it sticks, but back for a while, anyways. I see you're blogging almost as much as I am!

Abe said...

Welcome back to the land of rare blogging, I see you're doing pretty good this first week, keep it up. I saw a documentary on New Orleans and it struck me as rather ridiculous. The city is basically like when you take a bowl and push is part way into the dishwater in the sink. At some point the water pours over the edge.