Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Twice in a Week? No Way!

Well, when I said I was going to try to get back into this, I was serious.

And anyone who reads (or maybe I should say "read") this blog knows that I like sports and I can't go an awful long time without blogging about something sports related.

What's the beef? The Blue Jays treatment of Travis Snider.

They call him up before the 40-man roster are activated, meaning that his service clock has started already. Fine. I'm okay with that, if they're going to play him.

But apparently he's going to sit against LHP's, which doesn't really make an awful lot of sense to me. The team is out of it, it's time to see if Snider is a MLB player NOW, or an MLB player LATER. The only way they'll find out is by playing him against LHP.

Am I bitter because I started him in my fantasy playoffs last night because I thought Beltran was hurt and then Beltran hit a HR and Snider sat? Yes, but that doesn't change the point.

Snider should be playing full-time now, either with the Jays or with the AFL. Doesn't make much sense to use him this way.

No comments: