Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wiped Away

This story, whatever is actually true, is sad.

It's incredible to think that this man, considered a future presidential candidate, has essentially seen his entire career wiped out by a sole decision. While perhaps no different from others who have done the same thing (or allegedly done), the amount that he has lost (and will lose) seems astronomical.

Even allegations of this type are so incredibly damaging to a public career (rightly or wrongly), and it stands to me as a solemn warning of the dangers of putting yourself in the slightest of situations that can lead to the wrong conclusion, let alone the dangers of actually involving in the said offence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree with your conclusion but can't resist a comment on this one. I'm guessing that the sole decision actually happened years ago. I suspect that he made a decision (perhaps even one that was relatively harmless) that put him on a path that ultimately led to this event and the demise of his career and who knows what kind of impact on his family.

I'm guessing I don't need to identify myself either!