Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Movies of 2007

Well, it takes a sick day to get me back blogging again, but whatever works, I suppose.

Here's the official list of my favourite movies of 2007:

Top 5
Reign Over Me
Transformers
The Bourne Ultimatum
Fracture
The Condemned

These were all good, all for different reasons. The best summer blockbuster of the year (Transformers), the best drama of the year (Reign Over Me), the best action movie of the year (The Bourne Ultimatum), the best WWE movie of the year (The Condemned) and the most underrated movie of the year (Fracture).

Movies I Will Buy
Spider-Man 3
Ocean's Thirteen
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Basically, these were all entertaining movies that I would watch more than once again, and enjoy them enough to purchase them. None were exceptional, but they were all entertaining and fully worth the money spent.

Movies I Would Watch Again
Ratatouille
Bee Movie
Evan Almighty
Shooter
Disturbia
3:10 to Yuma
Charlie Wilson's War
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Blades of Glory

This is the "glad I saw it, would watch it again, but only once". Ratatouille was actually really good, as was Charlie Wilson's War and 3:10 to Yuma, it's just they didn't do it for me like some other ones did. The rest were all entertaining, but nothing special.

Movies I Would Not Recommend
Alpha Dog
TMNT
Pirates of the Carribbean: At World's End
300
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Shrek the Third

These are not recommended for a variety of reasons: really vulgar (Alpha Dog), really boring (Shrek, Pirates), really cliche (TMNT, Chuck and Larry) and all-around disappointing (300).

Movie That Was So Stupid It Deserves It's Own Category Of The Most-Wasted 2 Hours Of My Movie-Watching Life This Year
Next

I seriously can't remember much about this movie, but I remember walking out of the theatre and turning to my sister who I had watched it with and said "That is going to be the worst movie of the year." And sure enough - it was.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Dude, The Condemned was AWESOME. I loved how it managed to be multi-cultural and racist all at the same time!

"Get Stone Cold for the Island! We need an American!"
"But we already have that black guy... I'm pretty sure he's from Detroit."
"No, we need a real/white American, to balance out the kung fu Japanese guy!"

It was beautiful. A friend and I watched it and we wept with laughter.

Have you seen Battle Royale, the Japanese movie they ripped off? It's a gazillion times better. The characters are all teenagers, and half of them could beat up Steve Austin.

Elyse said...

"The Most-Wasted 2 Hours Of My Movie-Watching Life This Year" - except that you watched it with your favourite sister! That has to count for something. :P

Haha. You have no idea how excited I was to see this post. I was about to ask you when you were going to post this, and bingo! there it was.

As for my comments... I saw about 6 movies this year (one being Next, which we've already covered) so I can't comment on a lot of them, but I will say that I quite enjoyed Spider-man 3, Ocean's, Fantastic 4, and National Treasure. I also enjoyed Pirates, but I have come to accept the fact that they just can't compete with the original. They really cant. Ah well.

Shooter, on the other hand, I found to be a bit much... too much shooting for my taste, but I guess I knew that going into the movie. I keep hearing Ratatouille was good... I should watch that sometime.

Anyways, I hope you get well soon!